Friday, July 25, 2008

Light at the End of this Tunnel

This past Sunday we made our Footprints bags. We had a biggest turnout EVER in volunteers! As usual I was running around a little crazy, ok, very crazy, gathering some last minute items. I always try to have something prepared to share with the group as a devotional before we stuff our bags, however the week before I never quite came across what I felt I was supposed to share. One of the ladies that afternoon told me, well maybe the Lord was telling you to “Be still”. I have reflected all week on our bag stuffing. I believe he was telling me to “Be still”. As I look back at each of these special people that came to serve HIM that day. Each of them had such a special glow about them. Each of them just smiling when they came in. Putting whatever plans they had for the afternoon to the side, putting whatever problems they may be facing behind them and putting someone else’s needs before themselves so they could serve our great God! We even had our first two men come help! I’m looking for more men out there to come and help. I know you’re out there! So all week I’ve been reflecting on Sunday. Last night I had the privilege to go visit with one of our Footprints’ families before they took their baby home. On my way to the hospital I heard the song “Tunnel” by Third Day it really put this week into perspective. I feel like each of you that came Sunday are the Light! Each of you that pray for these families everyday are the Light! Each of you that send cards are the Light! Each person who has donated time, baby items and money to Footprints you are the Light! Every golfer and sponsor for golf tournament, you are the Light! Every newspaper and television station that has shared our stories you are the Light! Every doctor and nurse in the NICU you are the Light! Thank you to everyone involved with Footprints for being the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel to these families! Below are the amazing people who joined us for our bag stuffing and also the lyrics to this amazing song.

Jessica Azar, Laura Barrow, Robyn Bernier, Lindsey Carroll, Pam Carroll, Ryan Carroll, Gina Clifford, Aaron Folta, Kelli Griffin, Peggy Kelly, Renae Hill, Joyce Hill, Kim Keefe, Rachele Landers, Ashley Laye, Molly MacLean, Patti MacLean, Lindsey Stephens, Charlene Walker, Tracy Welch, and Jennie Young

"Help those in trouble. Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you will be as bright as noon." Isaiah 58:10

"Tunnel" by Third Day


I won’t pretend to know what you’re thinking
I can’t begin to know what you’re going through
I won’t deny the pain that you’re feeling
But I’m gonna try and give a little hope to you
Just remember what I’ve told you

There’s so much you’re living for

Chorus: There’s a light at the end of this tunnel

There’s a light at the end of this tunnel For you, for you

There’s a light at the end of this tunnel

Shinin’ bright at the end of this tunnel For you, for you

So keep holdin’ on

You’ve got your disappointments and sorrows

You ought to share the weight of that load with me

Then you will find that the light of tomorrow

Brings a life for your eyes to see

So remember what I’ve told you

There’s so much you’re living for















0 comments: