Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope each of you have a wonderful Mother's Day!! Today we went to both hospitals and delivered carnations to the mothers for Mother's Day. It was such a special trip! It reminded me of the many things I have to be thankful for. We came across one mother, it appeared her baby had just been transferred to the NICU from another hospital. She was completely distraught. You could see the hurt and pain in her eyes. I was able to meet her for a moment and gave her a card for her to call us if she needed anything. It is heartbreaking to know that these mothers are spending their Mother's Day with their babies in the NICU. Mother's Day especially reminds me of our Footprints families whose babies became angels this past year. I know it is going to be an extremely difficult day for them tomorrow. My prayer is that the Lord will wrap his arms around each one of these mothers and comfort them. Please remember all of these families in your prayers on Mother's Day and everyday.

We also got to visit with Beth(mom) and baby Peyton today. It was such a joy to see Peyton doing so well! They are hoping to go home later next week! Below are a few pictures from today and also the poem that we attached to each carnation. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

"My 1st Mother's Day" by Pam Carroll

My Mommy loves me dearly
I know that this is true,
I've known it from the moment,
God formed me in her womb.

I feel her prayers when whispered
Lifted to heaven on high -
I hear the sound of her footsteps
Whenever she draws nigh.

I will rise up and call her blessed
She is patient, kind and true,
Happy Mother's Day to Mommy
I Love You!!!

"Every time I think of you I give thanks to my God" Philippians 1:3



Our flowers with the poems
Robyn with the flowers

Peyton with her Mommy and Aunt Laura
Beth, Peyton and me
Peyton in her open crib! Praise the Lord!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you so much for the love and support that your ministry has given to me and my family with the loss of Jackson. It uplifts my soul and heart to know that I am not alone and through your work I have found some comfort. I am so blessed for you! Thank You!

Sincerly,
Holly Carlson